Sunday, April 11, 2010

Did my Gears 2 disc cause this?

I was playing gears of war 2 when suddenly I joined a multiplayer game and when I loaded up the map ''Avalanche'', my screen was covered in little black dots. At first I thought there was an issue with loading the pixels and it would go away within a few seconds. But it stayed throughout the duration of the game and it really annoyed me so I shut off my xbox and turned it back on. As soon as I turned it back on I see a system error screen on my tv and my xbox has on red ring that keeps flashing. I decided to turn it back off, take out the disc, clean it, take out my hard drive, unplug the power cord, then put it all back in and turned it on again. Thankfully the red ring left and my dashboard booted up. I was confident that it would work now because I didnt see any black dots. But when I joined a multiplayer game, once again there were black dots all over my screen. It's so weird, when I'm in a game I see the black dots but when I'm on my dashboard and stuff or even the menus in gow 2 there aren't any black dots. And now when I turn it off and turn it back on I get the system error and red ring again. Does anyone know what might be happening to my xbox, and did my gears of war 2 disc cause this?Did my Gears 2 disc cause this?
You could try asking the the 360 repair thread we have stickied or the Gears 2 thread we have stickied.Did my Gears 2 disc cause this?
I don't think a game disc has the capacity to break a gaming system. It's much more likely that the problem is with the disc itself. There's probably an error. You're better off returning it for a new disc. If you want to make sure, you can grab a buddy's GoW2 disc and put it in your 360 and see if it works.Or it could be early signs of the RROD. Cross your fingers. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment