Tuesday, April 13, 2010

THinking of getting one (xbox 360)

hey guys, i got like $350 and i was thinking spending them on a xbox 360, i already have a ps3, at first i though getting more games for it but yesterday i got to play gears of war 2 (which is awesome) so any suggestions what type of bundle i can get, are they still making them with 60 GB HD? and any other new malfunctions? i just wanna get some info about the console.. thanksTHinking of getting one (xbox 360)
As someone who's in a similar position and doing research:1) Arcade: Comes with a memory stick instead of a hard drive and no HD cables. You can still purchase HD cables/VGA/etc separately. I believe you need a HD for Live. Wired Controller. White.2) Premium/Pro: Comes with a 60GB hard drive and Composite/Component cables. Also ethernet and headphone. Wireless controller. No HDMI cable, though one can be purchased separately. White/Silver.3) Elite: Comes with a 120GB hard drive and all cables, including HDMI. Also ethernet and headphones. Wireless controller. Black.From what I understand, really the only thing that the Elite has going for it is the HDMI cable and the 120GB HD. Plus the color, of course. I'm personally going with the Pro. If I /need/ a bigger HD, I'll pick it up later.-D THinking of getting one (xbox 360)
ooo i see, so the Premium/Pro its the best choice.. the HD have to be specifically for the xbox only, you have to buy it from microsoft?...anyway, seems that the premium bundle is $300, reasonable price, the elite one is too much for me, i need just a standard core. thanks for the reply dude, ill check the stores.
Yes, you need the too-expensive Microsoft Hard Drives -- I can pick up a ~200GB laptop HD for the cost of the Microsoft ones, unfortunately. There are supposedly ways to hack/mod the hard drive case with a new drive, but I'm not very handy and would be afraid of breaking it.
hehe indeed, i got a 160 GB for my ps3 and it was i think $50, it was used, but hey, it works good, i dont plane to buy alot of games for the 360, i just want gears and maybe halo 3, so i dont need that much space, and one of my friends is the one buying the games so ill get the console and hes getting the games, hes the one getting hyper about it, so hes going to use it more than me, but damn, when i saw gears i got crazy, maybe ill change my mind... so i hope the 60 GB makes me happy and hope no ring of dead appears!!!
I've got the 20GB one. there's no info of that one in this thread. I assume it's the original then?Anyways, I never had any problems with it, except a few times it did the famous ''Microsoft'' and the game tilted, but nothing worse. :)
Go with the lot# above 840 then you have a chance of getting the newer models, that is a sept 08 mfg date.
[QUOTE=''DTStone'']As someone who's in a similar position and doing research:1) Arcade: Comes with a memory stick instead of a hard drive and no HD cables. You can still purchase HD cables/VGA/etc separately. I believe you need a HD for Live. Wired Controller. White.2) Premium/Pro: Comes with a 60GB hard drive and Composite/Component cables. Also ethernet and headphone. Wireless controller. No HDMI cable, though one can be purchased separately. White/Silver.3) Elite: Comes with a 120GB hard drive and all cables, including HDMI. Also ethernet and headphones. Wireless controller. Black.From what I understand, really the only thing that the Elite has going for it is the HDMI cable and the 120GB HD. Plus the color, of course. I'm personally going with the Pro. If I /need/ a bigger HD, I'll pick it up later.-D [/QUOTE]The Arcade comes with a wireless controller now and MS is offering a refurb 20gb HDD for $20 if you don't need HDMI cables now.
my only suggestion is to get the rechargeable battery kit, for like 15 bucks... since the standar controller comes with AA batteries
[QUOTE=''gp19'']my only suggestion is to get the rechargeable battery kit, for like 15 bucks... since the standar controller comes with AA batteries[/QUOTE] and it lasts 5 minutes
haha damn, i didn't know the controller use AA batterys hahaha, damn, i think im gonna get the rechargeable battery and a wired controller, dont tell me that the wired one uses battery too, that would suck..ive decided going for the 60 GB if i find one, i cant say i remember if i saw them in the stores because i dont go to the xbox section, but i will now, i dont think ill get the 20 GB if its the only one i found, i need to make my purchase worth it, i dont wanna be searching for the other accesories, need the full package.[QUOTE=''H0FFA'']Go with the lot# above 840 then you have a chance of getting the newer models, that is a sept 08 mfg date.[/QUOTE] ooo ok, thanks dude, i was hopping someone to tell me that, that info is what i was looking for too, is that the new model wth the falcon chip? less energy and cooler right?? thanks P.S:damn i forgot to ask, i have my LCD , but the bundle includes just one set of cables, like i get only HDMI and not the video component or viceversa? or it comes with both?? i know i can buy it seperatl, but im just curious, none of my friends have HD tv.
Now a question from me: A lot# above 840? Is that on the side of the box? Would the Holiday specials be from later than Sep 08? I was thinking of just picking up a holiday pack from an online retailer, as they come with two okay games.
yea, its on the side of the box, i hope they still have that lot#
If you have a High-Def television I would recommend getting the Elite. It comes with the HDMI cable and audio adapter (which runs $50 stand-alone) and a 120Gb Hard Drive, which I think retails for something like $150 to $170 sold separately, so I think the extra $100 for the Elite over the Premium is worth it. Basically, for $50 extra you get twice the hard drive space.
i do have a HD tv, but if i have to go to a friends house and he doesn't, i have to buy the other cables? the're not included right?
the premium console comes with high definition cables (blue, green and red) and standard inputs thingy mabob(red, white and yellow) so u can plug it in both tvs. when u see the cable u will know why you can plug it into any tv.
Pick up a Pro system(60GB HDD), thats what I got recently. I might down the road get a 120GB, but I also got a PS3 so I can download content on that as well.
  • maybelline
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment